Welcome to Year 3
Our class teacher is Mrs Bear and Mrs Wheadon.
Our teaching assistant is Miss Sherrington.
Our School Christian Value this half-term is Humility.
Our core Christian Values are Trust, Respect, Friendship and Love.
Reading Records and Reading Books
- Children will change their own reading books at the start of the week. Children are expected to read at least four times per week.
- As you are aware we have access to the fantastic Bug Club which is an online reading resource. This is to be used alongside the reading scheme we already have in place. We would expect that children read 1 or 2 of these online books per week and complete the relevant comprehension questions by clicking on the bugs on each page. Should you have any problems accessing Bug Club please let us know.
Projects and Homework
- Before each new topic, we ask the children to create a project based on the history or geography theme we will be learning.
- Please make sure your child is accessing Century Tech which is an online personalised learning platform. It is vital that your child is accessing this on a regular basis, as a minimum recommendation twice per week. Homework assignments will sometimes be set on here.
- In addition to this please make sure your child is accessing Times Table Rockstars, Numbots and Hit the Button on a regular basis.
- Homework will be set on a Wednesday and returned on a Monday..
- Please remove earrings before children come to school on PE days. If children cannot remove their earrings they will not be able to participate due to health and safety reasons.
- PE will be on Monday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child has the correct PE kit in school, jewelry is removed and all hair is tied back.