Welcome to Year 3
Our class teachers are Mrs Bear and Mrs Ali.
Our teaching assistants are Miss Kirwan and Mrs Butterworth.
Our School Christian theme this term is The Parables of Jesus.
Our core Christian Values are Trust, Respect, Friendship and Love.
Reading Records and Reading Books
- Reading records will be checked weekly, please make sure you sign each week when your child has read.
- Children will change their own reading books when necessary. Please make sure the reading record has been signed by an adult to say they have finished their book. Children can write in their reading record to say they have finished the book but it must still be signed by an adult. Children are expected to read at least three times per week.
- As you are aware we have access to the fantastic Bug Club which is an online reading resource. This is to be used alongside the guided reading scheme we already have in place. We would expect that children read 1 or 2 of these online books per week and complete the relevant comprehension questions by clicking on the bugs on each page. Should you have any problems accessing Bug Club please let us know.
- Please continue to sign your child’s reading record when they have participated in reading of any kind at home.
- Projects this term will be linked with our Creative Curriculum topic of 'Road Trip USA" (A comparison of Wigan and California)
- Please make sure your child is accessing Century Tech which is an online personalised learning platform. it is vital that your child is accessing this on a regular basis, as a minimum recommendation twice per week. Homework assignments will be set on here on a weekly basis.
- In addition to this please make sure your child is accessing Times Table Rockstars on a regular basis.
- Please remove earrings before children come to school on PE days. If children cannot remove their earrings they will not be able to participate due to health and safety reasons.
- Indoor PE will be on a Monday and outdoor PE will be on a Wednesday. Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school, jewellery is removed and all hair is tied back.