Welcome to Year 3/4
Our class teacher is Miss Palmer.
Our phase 3 teaching assistant is Mrs Critchley.
Our Christian value this term is Perseverance.
Our core Christian Values are: Respect, Friendship and Trust.
Planners and Reading Books
- All children are able to access BugClub which is an online reading tool, it is encouraged that children access this regularly at home, progress will be monitored in school regarding how often children access this resource.
- Could you please sign your child’s planner when they have undertaken any reading at home.
- In Y3/4 the children will change their own reading books. In order for this to occur smoothly your child’s planner must be signed by an adult to say they have finished their book. Children will be given an opportunity each day to change their books should they need to do so. We expect children to change their books at least twice per week unless they are free readers.
- Please remind your child to let us know if there is a message in their planner.
- Children will receive homework on a Friday, if no homework is set then there must be a focus on reading and BugClub instead.
- Homework is expected to be returned of a Thursday morning.
- A Creative Curriculum project will be suggested at the beginning of each half term, details for ideas are listed on the topic web. Projects should be returned on the last Monday of each half term.
- All children will have PE on Wednesday afternoon. They will need an outdoor PE kit for when the weather is cooler.
- Please ensure all hair is tied back, jewelry is removed and your child comes to school with the necessary kit.
- Dance is on Monday. All the pupils need an indoor PE kit for this session. Please make sure your child has their kit in school, that any jewelry is removed and all hair is tied back.
Daily School Life
- During morning break children will be able to collect their snack if this has been paid for. Any children who are not receiving school snack may bring their own piece of fruit or bread in for snack. Cereal bars are not permitted.
- We have ‘fruit time’ in our classroom each afternoon. During this time children will have the opportunity to buy a piece of fruit for 15p or they can bring in their own piece of fruit from home to eat.
- Due to very limited space in our classrooms children are only allowed to bring a reading packet to school please do not send large rucksacks as we do not have anywhere to store them.
- The children also do not need to bring stationary to school as all stationary is provided.