Welcome to Year 3
Our class teacher is Miss Blacow and our phase 3 teaching assistant is Mrs Critchley.
Our School Christian Value this Autumn term is Responsibility
Our core Christian Values are Trust, Respect, Friendship and Love.
Planners and Reading Books
- Planners will continue to be checked weekly, please make sure you sign each week when your child has read.
- Children will continue to change their own reading books when necessary. Please make sure the planner has been signed by an adult to say they have finished their book. Children can write in their planner to say they have finished the book but it must still be signed by an adult. Children are expected to read at least twice per week.
- As you are aware we now have access to the fantastic Bug Club which is an online reading resource. This is to be used alongside the guided reading scheme we already have in place. I would expect that children read 1 or 2 of these online books per week and complete the relevant comprehension questions by clicking on the bugs on each page. Should you have any problems accessing Bug Club please let me know.
- Please continue to sign your child’s planner when they have participated in reading of any kind at home. If their book is not signed they may miss out on reading treat which takes place on Fridays.
- Projects this term will be linked with our Creative Curriculum topic of 'Who lives next door?'. Over the course of the topic we will be learning about Europe, ensuring that children lead their own learning.
Dance and PE
- Please remove earrings before children come to school on swimming, dance and PE days. If children cannot remove their earrings they will not be able to go swimming and will only be able to participate in dance and PE with Medipore tape over the earrings.
- Dance will be on a Monday and swimming on a Wednesday. Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school, jewellery is removed and all hair is tied back.